Write a post entirely in the present tense.
Decisions. We make them every minute of every day, whether consciously or not. Cereal or toast. Blue shirt or green. Right or left. Death or Mercy.
And every decision that we make affects our future. Sometimes those decisions only cause the tiniest ripple in the timeline, other times they can shift the whole thing around on itself. There’s no way of knowing in advance just what affect your daily choices will have on the future.
Unless you’re like me.
I have an ability – some might call it a gift, but I’m not so charitable. When a person makes a decision, I can look forward and see what will happen because of that choice. It’s not so much predicting the future. I can’t just look and see anything, it has to be something based off a decision and I can only see it once the choice has been made.
Like right now, the old man sitting at the table in the corner there, he just decided that he’s going to take the train into Manchester to see his daughter. The whole thing settles in front of my eyes, unrolling before me like a road. See, now that he’s going to take the train, I can see what happens.
He forgets his umbrella at the station – it rains when he reaches Manchester – he gets pneumonia – he dies in the hospital in exactly thirty-nine days.
I close my eyes and try to shake away the vision. They aren’t always so unpleasant as this one, but a lot of the time they are. After all, everything ends in death eventually. Some choices just get you there faster.
Every second of every day, decisions are being made by people all over the world. I can see those decisions. My name’s Sophie and I’m a Choice Seer.
- Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now (raevenlywrites.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now (beckrumblogs.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now (adorablyobnoxious.wordpress.com)
- Right (Write) Now (3grandchildren2grandparents2cats.com)
- Right (Write) Now (365daysofthankyou.com)
- Nothing Stays the Same…(wp daily prompt) (myviewonlifeafter65.wordpress.com)
- Today Is What Matters Now (flowersandbreezes.wordpress.com)